Patria’s ambitious growth strategy - New Patria unites its capabilities
Patria’s new growth strategy Horizon 2025 aims at ambitious growth by the end of year 2025. In order to utilise all opportunities Patria has decided to take into use a new operating model supporting the growth strategy on 1.1.2022. The related group-wide cooperation negotiations have been finalised with an outstanding cooperation between the personnel groups and the company.
New operating model
The new operating model aims at developing customer-centricity as well as strengthening operational efficiency and financial result in order to keep Patria’s reliable, cost efficient life cycle support services and products in focus in maintaining customer fleet’s required performance in all conditions also in the future.
In the new operating model Patria’s target is to be a customer-centric market builder utilising all Patria people’s competences comprehensively. The current model with its business units (excl. Millog) will be dissolved and a unified model consisting of strong core functions – Finland, Global, Portfolio and Operations – will be created instead:
- Finland Division will be responsible for the Finnish accounts with focus on the Finnish Defence Forces. Finland consists of four business areas: Air force, Army, Navy and Joint & Security.
- Global Division will be responsible for accounts outside Finland. Global consists of four market areas: Nordics, Europe, USA and World.
- Portfolio will be responsible for products and services as well as their development and sales support, consisting of six product and service lines: Fleet Availability, Life cycle management, Training & User Support, C5ISTAR, Mission Capability, New Products and Services.
- Operations will be responsible for production and supply chain consisting of three production lines: Air operations, Land operations and System & Integration operations.
Millog continues as a Patria Group company with current structure cooperating with the other Patria functions.
Common support functions support these core functions. This whole entity is led by Patria Management Team headed by the President and CEO.
New organisation will be published, and nominations implemented gradually level by level. Now, a new management team has been appointed starting with the new composition in the beginning of 2022.
Patria Management Team consists of the following reporting to the President and CEO Esa Rautalinko:
- Finland Division, Executive Vice President Jussi Järvinen
- Global Division, Executive Vice President Jukka Holkeri
- Portfolio Unit, Executive Vice President Jonas Geust
- Operations Unit, Executive Vice President – will appointed later
- Head of HX Programme Petri Hepola
- Chief Financial Officer Ville Jaakonsalo
- Chief Legal Officer Ara Haikarainen
- Chief Human Resources Officer Leena Olkkonen
In the cooperation negotiations it was estimated that the change will affect some 370 people. The transformation is not seeking personnel reductions, which means that everyone will be offered a position, either current or a new one. Transformation offers diverse learning and growth opportunities for Patria personnel.
“The cornerstones of Patria’s growth strategy are customer-centricity, innovation, working together and efficiency. Ensuring and developing the security of supply in Finland continues to be Patria’s mission and Finland will be our focus market area also in the future. Additionally, we have recognised significant growth opportunities outside Finland and in new customer segments. Internationally competitive and financially developing Patria will be able to provide its customers solutions improving cost-efficiency and performance and securing our mission in Finland at the same time”, states Esa Rautalinko, President and CEO.
Ville Jaakonsalo, CFO, Head of Transformation, tel. +358 500 881 070, [email protected]
Patria is an international provider of defence, security and aviation life cycle support services, pilot training and technology solutions. Patria provides its aerospace and military customers with equipment availability, continuous performance development as well as selected intelligence, surveillance and management system products and services. Patria’s mission is to give its customers confidence in all conditions, and the vision is to be the #1 partner for critical operations on land, sea and air. Patria has several locations including Finland, Sweden, Norway, Belgium, Estonia and Spain. Patria employs 3,000 professionals. Patria is owned by the State of Finland (50.1%) and Norwegian Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace AS (49.9%). Patria owns 50% of Norwegian Nammo, and together these three companies form a leading Nordic defence partnership.